Pages

Movie Review: "The Hobbit"


article image

By Stupid Celebrities, Mon, December 10, 2012
‘The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey‘ is a prequel to ‘The Lord of the Rings’ Trilogy and the latest movie reviewed by Stupid Celebrities. Peter Jackson returns as the director. It starts off really slow and a tad on the boring side. You’re going to have to fight to stay awake for the first quarter of the film! I had to nudge my tween niece to wake her up! Needless to say, it’s more for adults than tweens and teens. But a tween falling asleep speaks volumes about the pace of ‘The Hobbit.’

I saw it in both High Frame Rate 3D and plain old 2D. I’ve read reports where some people suffered nausea from the 3D version. I was fine. But I warned you! This film is best in the 3D format. High Frame Rate 3D felt even more real than the usual 3D.

The highly anticipated film follows the adventures of Bilbo Baggins (Martin Freeman) and a group of Dwarves led by Gandalf the Grey (Ian McKellen.) They embark on a journey to recapture the Dwarf Kingdom of Erebor from a dragon. On their trek to the Lonely Mountain, they have to fight off Goblins, Orcs and Wargs. Oh, and the oddly loveable Gollum makes a special appearance. Bilbo’s encounter with Gollum resulted in a glimpse of the “precious ring,” which gave Bilbo some sort of special power once he wore it. The beautiful elves were also back in the picture. Sorry, Orlando Bloom was not a part of this film. I know, I was sad, too. I loved his role as Legolas in ‘The Lord of the Rings!’ So dreamy!

‘The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey’ is definitely a setup for the next two films. This certainly wasn’t as exciting as ‘The Lord of the Rings’ Trilogy. It didn’t quite live up to that. I was slightly disappointed. But I was much happier after meeting the director Peter Jackson! Check out the photo! I apologize for the poor quality. I didn’t expect to snap a photo with him!

 The Hobbit A 3D Fantasy

Mr. Peter Jackson and Me

He was such a nice guy! I thought he did an extraordinary job with ‘The Lord of the Rings!’ I can’t wait to see what he has up his sleeves for the rest of ‘The Hobbit’ trilogy! He did a great job with directing this film but the story itself was a bit harder to sit through.

‘The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey’ begins December 14 followed by ‘The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug‘ in December 13, 2013. And finally, ‘The Hobbit: There and Back Again’ expected in July 18, 2014.


Source : opposingviews

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Comment anything you like...!